Field Managers are intelligent “multi-application” units with an autonomous database that the XAtl@s software updates in on-line mode. It can execute all field processes related to different applications (access control, intrusion detection, time & attendance, …) autonomously. The failures of a Terminal, a Field Device, the System Server, or of a communication line, does not affect the Field Manager functionalities.
Field Managers communicate with each other in peer-to-peer mode via Ethernet with TCP/IP protocol. The same interface and protocol are used to communicate with the system server running XAtl@s.
The interface of the Field Managers with the external environment and users is managed by the Field Devices connected via Field Bus or Terminals connected via Ethernet or other serial interfaces. The FD-BUS is a proprietary bus that uses the same UTP cable for data and power distribution.
If you are configuring a multisite plant, you can assign Field Managers to each site in order to manage controls. In this way, the supervision center will send homogeneous site-specific data to the group of Field Processors responsible for controlling a given site.
The equipment is protected against the following events:
• polarity reversal on cables (RJ45) connecting to the FD-BUS
• voltage surge in the power supply
Modes of Operation
The FM-BA01 module is part of the Orangelink system and can perform Field Manager functions.It can control either OrangeLink Field Devices and third party’s devices on both the FD-BUS A and FD-BUS B backbones (from 300 baud to 115 Kbaud). The two backbones can communicate at two different speeds at the same time. The normal speed for OrangeLink Field Devices is 115 Kbaud. The module is fully configurable remotely over the LAN.
Applications are activated as soon as the FM-BA01 has received the configuration database from its supervisor.
Once it has received the database, the FM-BA01 is able to operate autonomously even without the LAN.
- Power Supply
Supply voltage: from 8VDC to 14VDC
Power Over Ethernet (optional plug module)
Power consumption: from 2W (CPU 10%) to 4W (CPU 100%) 500mA max (@8V)
- Hardware Interface
• Fast Ethernet 10/100 BaseT
• RS485 serial bus (FD-BUS A)
• Optically isolated RS485 serial bus (FD-BUS B)
• RS232 serial port (COM1)
• 2 x USB host
• Operation mode selector on 4 bits
• BIOS status LED (red + green)
• Ethernet status LED (red=100BaseT, green=10BaseT)
• Application / link status LED (red + green)
• RS485 FD BUS A status LED (red=RX, green=TX)
• RS485 FD BUS B status LED (red=RX, green=TX)
• Jumpers (5) for Power Out from FD BUS/A to FD-BUS/B
• Connector for type SD Flash Card
- Physical Characteristics
• Working temperature: from 0 to 40°C
• Humidity: up to 95% without condensation
• Dimensions: 155x85x55mm (9 DIN units)
• Weight: 400g
• Mounting: horizontally on DIN bar
Cortex A8 (AM 3517) @600 MHz
Main memory: 256Mbyte DRAM
Storage memory: 1GB SD (removable)